What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia, sometimes called fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) is a medical condition that is characterised by pain in multiple areas of the body, disturbed sleep and fatigue.
What are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
As well as widespread pain & extreme tiredness other symptoms that are common with fibromyalgia include headaches, dizziness, tingling and numbness, digestive disturbances and stiffness, especially in the morning.
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
Whilst the precise cause is unknown, current thinking surrounds abnormal levels of chemicals in the brain and the way pain messages are sent around the body.
It’s a relatively common condition which can occur at any age but is more prevalent in women and those aged between 30-50.
Although there is no well established fibromyalgia cure, relief from fibromyalgia pain can be achieved by one or more therapies.
Fibromyalgia treatments available range from antidepressants, to using antiepileptics, as well as psychotherapy and physiotherapy.
None of the current available treatments and therapies have been proven as the best treatment for fibromyalgia and those that work for some may not work for others.
TMS for Fibromyalgia Pain Relief
Whilst a relatively new treatment for fibromyalgia in the UK, TMS has been used for the management of fibromyalgia in the USA for many years and increasingly is being used in the UK.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is already a well established treatment modality in depression.
A non-invasive & medication free treatment, it has been proven to be safe with minimum or no side effects reported.
This revolutionary high tech treatment can offer pain relief and improve quality of life in patients with this devastating condition.
All treatment packages include:
Phone consultation with screening for suitability & safety
Full Medical Assessment with our Expert Consultants
- Careful assessment of past medication (treatment) history
- Detailed review of current illness using validated rating scales
- Introduction to our TMS device and treatment room
- Prescribing TMS and agreeing a treatment plan
(with our pain medicine consultants)
TMS Therapy Sessions begin
- Personalised Measurement Session to ensure precision of treatment
- Weekly reviews using validated rating scales to measure progress
- Fortnightly reviews with our expert consultants
- Discharge meeting agreeing a post discharge plan
- Discharge report including TMS treatment & discharge plan
1st 10 sessions, week 1 & 2
2nd 10 sessions, week 3 & 4
3rd 10 sessions, week 5 & 6
- No hidden extra costs, all reviews & consultation time included once treatment starts
(To refer a patient for treatment or for more information about how we can work alongside other Psychiatrists or other doctors involved in patients’ care please contact us)
Or call us: